Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Bubble Bath without the Tub

Today I was talking to a coworker about how fast kids are growing up these days. She asked me what I wouldn't give to be a kid again. It reminded me of being 10 and riding my bike up and down my street because that was as far as I was allowed to go. By the time you are 10 you have heard many people tell you not to grow up too fast and that you will be old before you know it, etc. I remember thinking that I couldn't wait to be old and promising myself that I would NEVER be one of those people that said things like that. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be a kid again, I cherish my independence too much to give it up. I DO think that it is important that you retain a degree of childish enthusiasm in order to truly enjoy life.

People are often amused by some of the things that come out of my mouth. Some may view these statements as signs of immaturity but I think its imperitive to find joy in the little things in life. For example, I recently went to use foaming hand sanitizer for the first time and was taken by the product. I exclaimed, "It's like a bubble bath without the tub!" everyone was amused by the amount of enthusiasm this product had illicited from me. But if everyone could find joy in the small things that pass us by in our day the world might just be a happier place. Maybe if we all took a moment to appreciate the small things that make us smile daily there would be less of us who wished they could be a kid again. You don't have to be a minor to enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment